Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Linnies

Finally gotten around to take some pictures of my "new" lineolated parakeets.  They are very cute and colorful.  In general, very quiet - the males like to have a 2 minute shouting match with each other in the morning, but this is not very loud nor unpleasant.
 Here's one pair - the yellow one is the lutino hen and the other a colbalt male.

 This is a turquoise male.
 And his mate is a creamino hen.

These little parrots are a bit different than my usual finches and grasskeets, and I'm still adapting to providing the right food and conditions for them, but in general, they just eat more fruits with their veggies and they like them in bigger chunks than the usual salad I provide for my other birds.  I am also trying to sprout various beans and larger seeds for them, which they have started to enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment