Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby update

The scarlet chest babies are doing well.  Red and Scarlet's babies look a bit plucked.  Last season it was Coral and Blush who did this.  I'm still not sure exactly what promotes this behavior but am definitely backing off on the mealworms as another breeder suggested live food may be too stimulating for the parents.  The parents are definitely waiting for me twice a day to refresh their food though.
 Here are Coral and Blush's brood of 4.
 Here is Scarlet, guarding the entrance to her nest.
 Here are Red and Scarlet's 4 babies - they are obviously older than Coral and Blush's 4.  Notice the bald spots on top of the head and back - these areas should grow back without any problems, but I would much prefer this not happen in the first place.
 Here's the first clutch of 5 gouldians who are all surviving.  These are the babies I was trying to guess at the colors of.  I think I need more feathers to tell for sure...but I think 2 or 3 yellows, 1 or 2 silvers, and the 1 I thought was a pastel is maybe a dilute???  Oh well, I'll be more certain in a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment