Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Handfeeding


While I do not normally hand feed any of my birds, sometimes if the parents do not feed for some reason and no fosters can be found, I will take over care.  For grasskeets, occasionally a very late hatching egg can lead to a baby being much smaller than the rest of its siblings.  It may not be able to get enough food at feeding time.  I found such a baby and had to take over.  While it was getting some feeding from its parents for a few days, it became dehydrated and weaker since its siblings are now 5 times its size.  So far it's looking a lot less dehydrated, so hopefully it will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment