Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The power of selective breeding and mutations...

Was taking a few pictures of my birds today and caught my normal male turquoisine sitting next to my full red fronted opaline dilute (yellow) male turquoisine - same species, but looks completely different due to mutation and selective breeding to increase the amount of red.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Almost as cool as the red African Greys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of red. My breeding season starts in just over a month. I'm hoping to breed some very red yellow opalines this year.

    ReplyDelete