Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Growing babies.

When baby grasskeets fledge, they are often bad flyers.  They often flap and stubble around, but somehow rarely manage to actually hurt themselves.  Gouldian babies tend to do better.  If they are fed a good diet full of protein, greens, and vitamins/calcium, they often fly out of the nest like they've been doing it all along.
The grasskeet fledgling still with down in it's feathers.  

This is a yellow gouldian baby is currently being handfed by me.  It is doing very well.
 Here is the baby a week later with more feathers.  This yellow gouldian has bars on it's feathers.  I'm not sure I've seen this before.  It will be interesting to see what adult colors it molts into.

No comments:

Post a Comment