Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

not meant to be

Just as my female turq is laying its first egg, she got sick again, and I am having to pull her to treat her for infection again.  Hopefully she will recover, but I am definitely not going to allow her to breed again this year.  I am trying to incubate the one egg she laid.  It's very difficult to maintain constant temperature and humidity without an incubator.  I bought one, but it will not get to me in time, so I am trying to make a home-made incubator until I receive the professional one in the mail.

2 comments:

  1. Bad look...I think a lot of my splendid's problems have been due to fungal type infections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's been recovering somewhat after 1 week of antibiotics from the avian vet with 1 more week to go. She was congested and had a lot of mucous - just like a chest cold. I even had to wipe her "nose" everyday to help clear the dried mucous. I certainly hope it's not fungal, but if she doesn't recover fully, I may try to treat her for that.

    ReplyDelete