Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

turqs

The yellow turquoisine grasskeets are finally looking like they are breeding.  They were fighting a lot right before they were more amorous.  Having read this was likely and does not affect fertility, I left them alone.  Shortly thereafter, the hen started accepting feedings from the male and they were mating frequently.  The hen is spending more and more time in the nest, I hope this means she's sitting tight on the eggs.  I have been reluctant to check in the nest since it's hung high up in my ginormous flight cage.  I may give in after a week or so when they are both out of the nest since I do want to candle the eggs to make sure they are fertile.  I have been watching the hen carefully daily since she did have a bout of bacterial infection a few months ago.
 Here is my bachelor split to yellow turquoisine male.  I should be getting a yellow hen for him soon.  His feathers is a lot better now after molting and improved nutrition.  






Here's the male yellow turquoisine.
Here's the yellow hen.

2 comments:

  1. My turqs fight terrible just before mating starts. They were best friends once the eggs were layed and the chicks were young. Now the chicks are older they've started fighting again....at least it keeps them fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that's true. Keeps them and everyone else in the same cage as them fit.

    ReplyDelete