Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

rest

Not much new occurring.  A few birds are still finishing up molting.  4 splendid babies went home to their new mom yesterday in addition to a bunch of gouldians.  Everyone is resting.  The gouldian pair I put together hasn't done too much.  Some nest inspection but no eggs yet.  If nothing happens after another week or so, I'm going to separate them and let them save their enthusiasm until fall when it's really the breeding season.  I haven't had too much good luck with pairs trying to breed during the summer - simply too hot.  My poor turq hen had lost a lot of weight through the current illness.  She's finished with her 2 week course of antibiotics for a few days now.  Minimally mucousy now, but still not very energetic.  I've decided to crop feed her some new born formula with probiotics twice a day in an attempt to speed up her recovery.  I don't feel she can eat enough to gain back the weight she's lost, and being underweight puts her at higher risk of a slow recovery at best and reinfection at worst.  Fingers crossed that she'll eventually get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment