Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New grasskeet babies are here!

Red and Scarlet's first baby out of 5 has hatched today.  She's been sitting so tightly that I can't catch her out of the nest box and even when I peek in she's not coming out, so I did not want to disturb her too much - will try to get pictures as soon as she lets me :)

Coral and Blush has 4 fertile eggs being incubated - it'll be at least another couple of weeks before they hatch.  There are 5 eggs in the nest, but unfortunately 1 cracked.
My first ever nest of 6 gouldian eggs are infertile.  The pair that laid the eggs also laid all clear eggs last year, so I've split the pair in the hopes they will do better with different partners.  Not sure how well this will work since gouldians tend to bond pretty tightly.

The zebras are feeding their 4 babies - 2 out of 6 hatchlings died.  I think the pair is finally getting tired.
I've put my creamino society hen with 2 males who are supposed to be split to creamino.  Hopefully, we'll get some fertile eggs.

Further musical chairs with shaft tails.  The second pair I put in the breeding cage didn't seem interested at all so a 3rd pair has been switched in.

No comments:

Post a Comment