Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

5+3=8

I have not seen any movement from the last egg from the clutch of 4, so there may ultimately just be clutch of 3.  All 5 babies from the clutch of 5 are all doing well.  I've managed to close band 6 babies so far.  They are growing super fast.  I think the sprouted seeds, various soft foods, veggies, and mealworms definitely help.  I don't make soft food from boiled eggs since I simply do not have time to remove the leftovers in a timely fashion to prevent spoilage.  I use different soft foods on different days for variety and try to mix it into the seeds or sprouted to help the picky eaters get some of it.  
 Close band #12 - oldest of clutch of 3.  Just starting to get feathers.











Close band #13 - 2nd baby of clutch of 3.  Looking ready to take off flight already.











 Youngest of the clutch of 3 babies.  You can see how much smaller it is compared with it's older siblings, but it's crop is well stuffed with food, so it is well taken care of.









Group shot of the clutch of 5.  Once again, you can clearly who is the youngest.











Closed band #9 - oldest of the clutch of 5.  It's eyes are open already, and getting plenty of feathers - even colors on the tails.  These guys are still quite sweet.  From experience in the past, once they start getting more feathers and eyes open more and see better, they start getting more cautious.  I am trying to handle them daily, so hopefully keep them as tame as possible.





Close band #10 - 2nd baby of clutch of 5.  It wants a nap.











Close band #11 - 3rd baby of clutch of 5.  Eyes just starting to open with feathers starting to come in, but has lost egg tooth already.










Close band #14 - 4th baby of clutch of 5.  I did a close up to show you the egg tooth - see the tiny point at the tip of the top beak.










 This is the youngest of the clutch of 5.  Quite a bit smaller than it's siblings but holding its own with a big crop of food, so it's parents are certainly not neglecting it.  See the belly button.









Mao and Lucky, my boys enjoying the afternoon sun.












Sweet Pea with blue bonnets.  She does not like posing very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment