Please note all the pictures on this site was taken by me and belongs to me. Please do not copy and use without my permission.

For questions, please email me directly at neversink7@hotmail.com.

Happy Bird Place

Happy Bird Place
Click on the picture to go to my website.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

spring is here!


Spring is finally here in north Texas. The tulips and hyacinth were beautiful, and now the azeleas, peonies, lilac, and bearded irises are flowering. The gouldian babies are starting to color out. Most of the breeding is coming to an end, but one pair of goudians who had a good first clutch, unfortunately lost the second clutch, started their third clutch before I realized what was happening. They are sitting on 3 fertile eggs currently. Since they didn't really raise their second clutch and the pair still looks quite good, I'm letting them go ahead with this third clutch. The scarlet chests are working on their second clutch of babies, their first clutch was started in Nov. 2009. So far one pair with 5 fertile eggs and the other pair with 3 fertile eggs. The hens are sitting very tightly - I really have a hard time catching them out of the nest so haven't gotten to look at the eggs except a few days ago. The image above is of the 2 fathers when they were younger. My scarlets loves mealworms and their veggies. Although I haven't heard of them needing live food, they started eating the worms that I was providing for my cordon blues and parrot finches. I guess the additional protein helps with their breeding. Now I just need my turquosines grasskeets to start "earning their keep"! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment